- How do I find the tests that CAHFS offers and how much do they cost?
Visit our LAB TESTS & FEES page to search specific tests.
A list of frequently requested tests for Beef, Dairy cattle, Alpaca/llama, Horses, Pigs, Poultry, and Sheep/Goats, is available by clicking on the specific species.
- How do I find test panels?
- For information regarding available TEST PANELS (group of tests often offered at a price discount) go to Diagnostic Tests and use the Panels filter option.
- What is the difference between in-state fees and out-of-state fees?
- In-State fees are for animals located in the state of California at the time of testing. Out-of-state fees are typically double the in-state fee listed.
- Where can I find the test requirements for exporting animals to another country?
- Visit to the United States Department of Agriculture Animal Health and Plant Inspection Services’ website for up to date information about international health certificate requirements.
- Where can I find the test requirements for shipping livestock to another state?
- Visit the California Department of Food and Agriculture’s website for up to date information about health certificate requirements.
- What does CAHFS standard necropsy fee include?
- CAHFS standard necropsy fee includes gross examination, histopathology, and except where indicated, most ancillary tests that are warranted based on the necropsy.
- Do the fees listed apply to research or insurance necropsies?
- Fees listed do not apply for research projects or insurance necropsies. For a quote or additional questions, please contact any CAHFS laboratory or phone (530) 752-4613 during normal business hours.
- Does CAHFS return animal remains or perform cosmetic necropsies?
- For health and safety reasons, CAHFS does not return animal remains to clients.
- What do the MIC interpretations on my report mean?
- See guideline document.