The CAHFS Toxicology service offers state of the art technologies to detect natural and synthetic toxicants, in addition to measuring electrolyte, mineral and vitamin levels. The Toxicology service is widely regarded as one of the most capable and well-equipped veterinary toxicology laboratories in the world. It is the only veterinary laboratory that is a member of Food and Drug Administration’s Food Emergency Response Network (FERN).
- American Board of Veterinary Toxicology certified toxicologist available for consultation and interpretation of results
- Highly experienced scientists able to develop new assays to meet diagnostic needs
- State of the art equipment capable of detecting low quantities of unknown toxicants
- Testing on all animal species
- Testing of biological specimens, tissues, water, feed and environmental samples
- Feed related toxicoses testing in pets and other species as a member of the FDA-CVM Veterinary Laboratory Investigation and Response Network (VetLIRN)
For urgent processing, ship samples directly to the Davis lab location.